Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine Flu

It's the latest thing ... mmmmmm-kaaay!

While the BBC is hitting the funnies over the zombies strains of the swine flu (Thanks for the link AD), you would be good to remember a nice variant of facts about the swine flu.

1) It's the flu, influenza, the same stuff you get every year after you flu shot and vow never to get the flue shot again but you do anyways because you cave into the hysteria of the press *deep breath* ... those run on sentences get me every time.

2) It's a respiratory transmitted virus. I might be wrong about this but the life span of the virus once it leaves its temperature range is 1 and 1/2 seconds. Meaning you pretty much have to be breathing the same air as the infected.

3) "The flu" or the flu season we all forget about until the press starts the hype machine kills *36,000 people on average a year ... which goes largely unreported. So far I think A person has died in the United States... thank you proper hygiene!

If you want some preventive care during this "outbreak". Try this: wash your hands, don't pick your nose, don't rub yours eyes without washing your hands first. And stop licking people...that has sh*t has GOT to stop. It's f'ing gross and I am tired of it. I swear if another person comes up and says "Hey, your the Hill Country Blogger" and licks me....I'm going to snap. I swear to g-d I am going to snap.

OH, one last thing. If you have 1) Ear and eye aches, Fever, Vomiting, Sore throat, and an uncontrollable desire to roll around in the mud then you have the swine flu.


"Questions and Answers Regarding Estimating Deaths from Influenza in the United States", CDC Website March 12th 2009, http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/us_flu-related_deaths.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment