Friday, October 19, 2007

Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21367579/

SAN FRANCISCO - City health officials took steps Thursday toward opening the
nation’s first legal safe-injection room, where addicts could shoot up heroin,
cocaine and other drugs under the supervision of nurses.


So my stance on drug use is this: Its my body, keep your damn laws off of it!

The worst drug I use is coffee and then hard liquer. Still its the principle of the issue that is the reason why I am so vocal about it. Where on Earth did we get the opinion that drugs are so bad that "we" will not let you decide if you can use it or not.

Honestly folks, this is America. Our State and Federal law should only extend to the point of enforcement of Civil rights not preservation of someones sense of morals.

So I see a city in California, of all places to protect a right (weird huh), that is opening a clinic for "hard" drug users. I call hard drugs stuff like Heroin, Meth, etc. Basically the stuff that has to be cooked up in a lab. Coke, Acid, Mushrooms, Pot doesn't fit into my category of "hard drug".

I think this is pretty cool. I mean those nutty Euro's found a good starter place with the balance of Civil Rights vs. Social Acceptance. Its a start but look at how they do it. You pretty much can do any "soft drug" you want as long as you stay off the streets. The "Hard" drugs you have to go to a clinic to buy and use. I think they make you stay during your buzz also, not totally sure on that.

Anywho, I find this to be a much better policy on drugs than are current WAR ON DRUGS. I mean freaking hell....why do we have to tote either the Republicrat or Demolican party line. Why can't Americans have their absolute liberties back? Piss on the War on Drugs and pass the peace pipe....

No comments:

Post a Comment