Monday, April 23, 2007

Welcome to the Jungle....

Lord have mercy! This yard thing is a bear.

The yard at El Rancho de Braco is something of a nightmare. It is a mix of grass/weeds and rock. For example I have patches of grass that are just as easy to mow as clubbing a baby seal. Then you have small piles of brick or chiseled stone (previous owner left me presents) in little piles all over the yard. THEN I have areas of protruding rock or a collection of rough large stones. Both of which require the weed eater!

Icing on the cake: Anopheles gambiae!

It got so bad that I had six of them sucking on my arm when I was cleaning out my car last week.

My "solution"... The bug zapper! with the Mosquito bait. I'll admit that the bug zapper is pretty genocidal when it comes to "just the bugs" category, it has at least kept the Mosquito population at bay. I really should stop using it from what I read.

Which leds to my other less-than-ideal solution. Chemical spraying... yeah, I said it. *sigh*. I really really really hate to resort to this but I have got to break their breading cycle if I am ever going to be able to go outside.

UPDATE: I just found this: http://www.diyhappy.com/quick-and-dirty-mosquito-trap/

No comments:

Post a Comment