Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Down at the watering hole

Well, yesterday marked a milestone for my son and I. We went to the sports store and picked us up some fishing pole, his being a batman version. Also got some bobbers and weights. When I figure out which part of the lake we are going to I can get the hooks (depending on what kind of fish are there).

I look forward to fishing with him. I know it is one of the few things my dad and I did together that we both enjoyed. I hope my son and I have a little more in common. Regardless, he is totally excited to head out to the lake. EVERYDAY is asks if we are going to go fishing after work. He totally missed the "this weekend" part.

But yep...I am looking forward to catching dinner, teaching him to gut the fish, and then cook it on the grill.

2 comments:

  1. coat the fish in egg whites and bread crumbs or cornbread and pan fry. mm mmmm mmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about grilling? Lake Travis is mostly Catfish with a healthy population of Bass.

    ReplyDelete