Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Beer can chicken!

I did my first beer can chicken this weekend! I took a five pound bird from my local HEB. They sell it cleaned, de-necked, and ready for a beer sodomization. My mother gave the chicken a nice rub down and I did the honors of downing half a can of the national beer of Texas.

All it takes is setting up the grill for indirect grillin' and to shove the beer up the arse end of the chicken. Two hours later, a bon-fire (still burning brush), and three dead mosquitoes later....we had some mighty fine eatin'.

sorry, I wasn't thinking and I did not take pictures :(

2 comments:

  1. You shove the beer can up the chicken's ass? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No shit! Potato in the neck hole and put it on the grill. Two hours later you got some of the finest chicken you have ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete